Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Midnight and arrived at the cottage

We're sitting here in the porch listening to the constant chirpy drone of crickets, cicadas or whatever other nocturnal beetle type thing is making the noise. We arrived about 15 minutes ago in the pitch black - I was quite pleased that I managed to pull the rather unwieldy pontoon boat alongside the dock with relative ease after almost 2 years of not driving it. We got the bags on the boat and unloaded fine, although it was starting to spit with rain a bit. Not sure if it'll turn into proper rain or not - hopefully not, but even if it does, as long as it's not too windy it'll still be great for fishing tomorrow.

The island is pretty dark at the moment so I haven't had the opportunity to admire the handiwork of the local builders we got to put a nice wooden dock down and shore up the back of the island which was eroding a bit. I think they've also done the boathouse but I'll have to wait until morning to see it.

I was taking my shoes off in the porch and noticed a rather large frog sitting on the floor staring at me. In hindsight I should have taken a photo of it but I just scooped it up and popped it outside. Anyway...here are a few pics from the office my mum was working in today...62nd floor of a building in Downtown Toronto. You can see it was rather hazy in Toronto today. Usually you can see all the way across Lake Ontario to the US.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home